Photobucket
Massacred World
March 28, 2024, 05:30:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.runelocus.com/toplist/vote-17795.html
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE DAILY!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Download Client Vote For Us Login Register  

Stevie's PKing Tips & Tricks Guide

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevie's PKing Tips & Tricks Guide  (Read 636 times)
Stevie
Ex-Staff Veteran
Dedicated Member

Respect: 10

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:39:37 pm »

The guide section is a bit empty so I figured I should write one.

This guide is going to cover tips & tricks on PKing, how to PK is beyond the scope of this guide and is the preference of the player. I'm just going to take the good things and make them better.

First off, your weapon - which one is the best?

There is no best weapon. There are good weapons, there are bad weapons, and there are REALLY bad weapons. If you play RS then you have a pretty good idea of the specs, but due to balancing issues among other things, Massacred World's weapons are not the same.

The godswords

Everyone should know about these right now, basically these are weapons with a very slow swing speed, high accuracy and damage and powerful specs.

The Bandos Godsword (BGS) can be bought for 200 PkP, and it's spec is something along the lines of +30% damage and increased accuracy. Uses a full bar. Very powerful but not entirely reliable.

The Armadyl Godsword (AGS) is the most popular and most expensive of the Godswords, it's spec increases the accuracy by a little and increases damage by 25%. Uses HALF the bar.

The Zamorak Godsword (ZGS) is probably the least popular of the Godswords, it's spec freezes the enemy and uses 55% of the bar.

The Saradomin Godsword is strange because although it's a Godsword it doesn't have an offensive special attack. The spec heals your HP for the amount of damage you hit with it at a 1:1 ratio. Uses half the bar.

Dragon Weapons

Dragon Dagger (DDS)

Most popular Dragon weapon, probably the most common PKing weapon ever. It has a low str bonus and low accuracy but it's intended for special attacks, it's spec increasing damage, hits twice, and increases accuracy. Has four specs. You start with 500 of these, they're very powerful and easy to come by.

Dragon Mace

Is a pretty good weapon, spec uses 25% and increases damage of the next hit. Can hit fairly high thanks to a recent patch.

Dragon Longsword

It's spec is basically the same as the Dragon Mace, just worse. Wouldn't recommend using this.

Dragon Halberd

Spec hits twice, high str bonus weapon and the spec is quite powerful but uses 75% of the bar.

Dragon Scimitar

Spec removes protection prayer, is pretty suitable as a main weapon if you can't afford or can't use a Whip. 75% of bar.

PK point items

Dark Bow

Costs 80 PkP. Practically the Godsword of bows. Slow fire rate, but fires two arrows at a time. High range bonus which means high damage. Spec uses 55-60% (thanks Mojo), hits twice but does significantly more damage. Can probably one-shot someone with the spec with perfect equipment, but I wouldn't count on it

Saradomin Sword

Costs 20 PkP. Same stats as a whip, but two handed. Surprisingly hits as fast as the whip too. The spec uses 100% and deals a normal hit with increased damage as well as a random magic hit that has a fairly low max. Good primary weapon, decent spec weapon.

Barrelchest Anchor

Costs 100 PkP. High damage with a slow attack speed. The special attack uses 50% of the special bar, increases chance to hit and increases damage.

Vesta's Longsword

Costs 500 PkP. Often considered to be the ultimate weapon. The special attack can be used four times, and adds a significant amount of damage to each hit. The weapon has a pretty fast attack speed to top it all off. Also, one handed. However, the DDS is often a better choice because the specs deal about the same damage on average. This weapon has been known to hit in the 60s or even a 70.

Now that I've been over the weapons, I just want to say use whatever you're comfortable with. Don't be afraid to experiment with new weapons or combos. Just because someone says something is good or bad doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

Now onto the tips and tricks and general info about PKing:

1. Don't safe. People will get ****ed at you. If your opponent safes, feel free to safe ONCE. Any more than that and you're doing more wrong than him.

2. Don't be afraid to "risk it". If your opponent is at low hp and so are you, don't be afraid to swing that one last time in hope of a kill. You can eat food while attacking although your next attack will be delayed and it requires good timing. Know when to and when not to use this tactic because it is risky.

3. Use a good setup. Range is good at times, but the Whip will almost always beat it. If using a Magic Shortbow, you switch to your weapon and hit almost instantaneously. It's very useful if you have an Obby maul or Godsword. The Whip is very powerful and easy to use, being able to hit up to 44 in "welfare' main armor, and about 38 in pure gear.

4. Don't rush or PJ unless you really don't care about being flamed. I don't advocate rushing or PJing but that's how some people prefer to play.

5. Don't rush your spec right away, it's best to wait until you're 100% sure it'll kill them (though the game is random), while someone is speccing you it is often a good idea because they'll be so busy speccing that many times they won't even eat...especially if they're DDSers or VLSers.

6. Be careful with PK points. You get 2 per kill (but only for the summer!) and 4 per kill if they're on your task (you get tasks from Vanakka). Some things you CAN'T go wrong with from PK shop are the DFS, Fire cape, and Void. The godswords are a good choice as well as the Dbow and SS but they can all be lost fairly easily. The DFS can be lost as well but it's got an outrageously good spec that is very combo-friendly.

7. When starting out, always loot your enemies (as long as they're not your friends. Giving back someone's AGS is much more pleasing than taking it for yourself). You need cash at this stage, especially if you're not having much luck with PvP artifacts and drops.

8. Avoid the Party room without a group, it's a free for all out there. Using clan chat is recommended.

9. Barrows gives exceptional defence stats and if you've got the cash to spare, I recommend using it.

10. Finally, just have fun. Don't worry about your K/D but don't let it go to sh*t either.

EP SYSTEM:

Every 12 seconds you are in the wilderness, you gain 1% EP. Killing someone gives 5% EP. Killing someone on your task gives you 10% EP. When you have 100% EP, you will get an artifact drop on your next kill. These can be taken to the Sin Seer NPC for anywhere from 2.5-25m.

PK Drop System

When you kill an enemy, you have a 1/90 chance to get a PVP drop - this means Vesta, Statius, Morrigans, or Zuriel's items can drop. When they do you recieve a red message in your chat box which is hard to miss. EP % does NOT affect the PvP drop system.

Training

Training is simple, to train combat stats click on the stat and choose a stat 1-99. You can go down or up. You must have nothing equipped to change your stats.

To train skills, talk to the NPC at home and choose to teleport to the skilling area. It is still in progress. If you're low on money and want to level a skill, you can train your Thieving.

F KEYS AND YOUR INVENTORY

You can use the F keys to switch to different tabs. Most notable of the keys is F5, which switches you to your combat screen where you can change attack modes and use your special attack.

F keys are very useful because they can help you spec more easily.

F keys down the row:

F1 - Inventory

F2 - Equipment screen (basically useless unless you want to take off armor to activate veng or operate your DFS)

F3 - Prayer (Useful for hybriding mainly.)

F4 - Spellbook (pretty obvious, good for veng or barrage whatever you're using)

F5 - Combat Options Screen

The rest of the F keys are useless in combat and therefore a bit pointless, in my opinion.

You can right click on a spell, prayer, or item and use an F key to alternate screens. A good example is right clicking an item, pressing F5 to go to the Combat Options screen quickly, and using your spec.

An example of this:

Learning the F keys will improve your PKing skill over time as you become accustomed to them.

Take this guide with a grain of salt, I'm not the best PKer around but I assure you may advice will be helpful to most.

This concludes the guide.
If you have any more questions, ask me, or a veteran or staff member. They are almost always willing to help you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:06:22 pm by Stevie » Report Spam   Logged
Vegeta
Administrator
God Of Posting

Respect: 29

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:59 am »

Great guide man, it seems to me that you covered everything there is to know.
Report Spam   Logged

dahab
Dedicated Member

Respect: 2

View Profile
Level 4 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:24:04 am »

Nice and well written guide:) thanks for your effort. Will help new pkers, maybe oldies too:p
Report Spam   Logged

check out when i joined.
Godsend
Ex-Staff Veteran

Respect: 0

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 2
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:38:59 am »

Zgs spec is 55% of the spec bar. And there's a bunch of small things that I could nit-pick over with the weapon specs, but you're pretty much right Tongue.

Nice guide.
Report Spam   Logged
I Est I
Ex-Staff Veteran
Legit Member

Respect: 5

Est

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Karma Good
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

very nice guide Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"Look what crawled out of the bunghole!"
Stevie
Ex-Staff Veteran
Dedicated Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »

Zgs spec is 55% of the spec bar. And there's a bunch of small things that I could nit-pick over with the weapon specs, but you're pretty much right Tongue.

Nice guide.

It's my first time playing a RSPS in roughly a year, so my memory may be off just a little. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
I Est I
Ex-Staff Veteran
Legit Member

Est

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Karma Good
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 06:28:38 am »

tomorrow you can add d claws to your list Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"Look what crawled out of the bunghole!"
Stevie
Ex-Staff Veteran
Dedicated Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 07:33:50 am »

tomorrow you can add d claws to your list Cheesy

I sure hope they're out by then!
Report Spam   Logged
power

Respect: 0

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:03 am »

this is a good guide, looks like you've really put alot off time and effort into this, well done.
Report Spam   Logged
N01s Perfect

Respect: 1

Im Da Baws

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 08:28:00 pm »

Holy crap nice guide stevie. It was so long I cbf to read it XD but the parts I read were well constructed.

GJ,
N01s
Report Spam   Logged

Check out my latest vid, 'Remembering Mworld':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcaWrCO3Y20
And seriously guys, vote to take Mworld to the top. Being legit here -.-
mojo
Legit Member

Respect: 30

You got trolled!

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Second year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 02:02:27 pm »

If I remember correctly dark bow uses only around 55 or 60% special energy because you only wait a short time to do the 2nd spec. Also the anchor is only 100 pkp, actually many items in the pk shop have dropped in value since the server first started (sara godsword and dragonfire shield are both just 100 pkp now, plus you can buy a spirit shield for only 1 pkp)
Report Spam   Logged

Patience.. Epic Moe sig will be back... bandwidth limit exceeded...
gf haste
Dedicated Member

View Profile
Topic Starter Second year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »

Good Guide, Me gusta
Report Spam   Logged

Milestones
- Donator [-] (Credits to Justin, Cheers man)
- In Game Moderator [  ]
- +500 Kills [  ]
- +1000 Kills [  ]
- +5 Respect [-]
- +10 Respect [  ]
- +100 Posts [-]
- +200 Posts [-]
- +500 Posts [  ]
Stevie
Ex-Staff Veteran
Dedicated Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 09:07:52 pm »

I have updated the guide with correct information, thank you Mojo and Godsend.
Report Spam   Logged
Stevie
Ex-Staff Veteran
Dedicated Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 04:08:05 pm »

Added an F key section.
Report Spam   Logged
Mikitzubizunizu

Respect: 14

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Really awsome guide man, covers everything there is to know about anything Smiley

Guide is good.

Stickied.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Alice Smiley <3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: